Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back to Paper and Pencil

I've been thinking about the Internet and blogging and well just a lot of stuff lately. I just was thinking bout reading old journals and notes and letters. It seems so much more personal to be able to hold something in your hand that you or someone else wrote. I have one lonely piece of paper with a note from my mother, which she wrote to me when I got married. It kind of seems sad and yet a blessing to have a remembrance of her physical existence. I think I would like for my kids or grandkids to be able to hold a piece of me after I'm gone.
The advantage of a blog is it's typed and can be printed whenever you want or if you want. It is also more ledgible than hand writing. Then again the personal touch of handwriting that changes over time is something to think about. And that is what I am doing right now.

No comments: