Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Goals for 40 days

Lent starts Wed. and I have been thinking of some positive things to do during this time. In the past I have tried to " pay it forward" kind of actions. Mostly do and give to strangers or friends and family with no identity of myself. This year I am doing something for myself.

I am going to walk a mile a day. That is an extra mile. Not one I do with just the everyday events. I also am going to do tai chi on Tues and Fri. Those are the days I do not do it.

This sounds self centered maybe but in a way it's not. I want to be here and healthy for my grand kids, and kids and other parts of my family. Staying healthy seems like something I need to do now.

Going with the positive seems to make me happier and if I'm happier those around me will be happier too. So I guess that is my ultimate goal. Happiness to share.

No comments: